Ad for law firm seeking clients to sue BSA

I notice that this site is running an advertisement for one of the law firms seeking clients to sue BSA.    It begins,  "The Boys Scouts of America didn't uphold their promise, but we will."

The express promise of some of these lawyers is to destroy BSA.

Edited by TAHAWK
10 minutes ago, TAHAWK said:

I notice that this site is running an advertisement for one of the law firms seeking clients to sue BSA.    It begins,  "The Boys Scouts of America didn't uphold their promise, but we will."

The express promise of some of these lawyers is to destroy BSA.

It is possible that there is simply an auto-generated ad box at the top and that the ad is based on the content of the site and/or you browser or IP search history. I do not think the admins are picking these ads.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, qwazse said:

@TAHAWK, it does smack of the Colorado bakers' case that went to SCOTUS, doesn't it?

That's not how ads work. More likely there is just a iframe or box integrated into the website. That box is controlled/operated like a roadside electronic bulletin board that is customized to either a) show ads that have the same key words as the site or b) show ads that have the same key words as your recent searches.

The site owner has no knowledge of what ads might popup. There may be a way for them to request that certain advertisers not be in the ad cycle, but they would have to go out of their way to do so.

30 minutes ago, T2Eagle said:

Ehh, let them waste their money targeting us.

Soon it will be BSA footing the bill. We have to pay for several months of advertising and mail outs as part of the lawsuit.