Social Distance Crossover Ceremony

Looking for recommendations for a Webelos Cross-Over Ceremony and Cub Scout advancement ceremony that is as low contact as possible. Ceremonies we've used in the past involve hand shaking and scouts standing shoulder to shoulder, leaders applying face make-up and handing out individual rank patches. Anyone have recommendations on how to host a ceremony and reduce contact? 

Committee Chair

Cub Scout Pack 164, Bloomington, IN

Here is what my pack did for Cub Scout Advancement. We did Weblos Crossover in February before shelter in place orders were issued. I'd skip the face paint this year. 

GREETINGS!

Here is our Social Distancing Plan for this year's CROSSOVER!

Our goal is for each Scout to be able to be present in the same location as our Cubmaster as they receive any Adventures, Awards, and Ranks they have earned, and don the uniform components of their newly earned Rank.

Being sensitive to our current climate of Social Distancing, we will do this one scout at a time, outside, at the Church Parking Lot.

Each rank will have a specific arrival time. The Cubmaster will be by the church door/awning ready with your Scout's achievements.

You will wait in your cars in line, and then drive up through the circle drive area.
One adult and the Scout will step out of the car, wearing a mask.
The Adult and the Scout must be wearing a mask to step out of the car.
They will be handed their awards and rank.
They will have the opportunity to change into their new neckerchief and slide, or new uniform shirt (as rank appropriate).
We will be taking photos of each Scout.

There will be no handshakes, hugs, elbow bumps, etc. The only contact will be handing the bag of awards to the Adult or Scout.

If you have multiple Scouts in your family we encourage your entire family to come at one time. We will just have only one Scout get out of the car at a time. You do not need to return at a different time for a different ranked Scout.

Please come at a time that works for your family between 5:30 and 8pm.
Our recommended schedule for the evening is:
Current Lions: 5:30pm
Current Tigers: 6:00pm
Current Wolves: 6:30pm
Current Bears: 7:00pm
Current Webelos: 7:30pm

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We have not done any in-person den meetings since March.

As of right now, our Charter Org is going to start letting us use their building for in-person meetings starting September 1, but I'm not comfortable meeting with my den in person. Covid cases are going up with no signs of stopping. We're going to still be doing virtual meetings. My counterpart boys den is supposedly going to meet in person (we met jointly all a last year). 

Although the advice of your local health dept. is paramount, I would encourage outdoor in-person den meetings.
Of course every den is different. And the risks are palpable. My grandson’s daycare reported one positive in the baby area. Fortunately he wasn’t there last week and tested negative.

At the Pack we were in recently, our usual face painting ceremony involved the Cubmaster reading from a script and describing the face painting, and the parent did the actual painting of the face. This could easily be adapted having the Cubmaster standing further away. 

just a thought. My daughter is due to earn her AOL shortly so this has been in my mind and I’m definitely interested in all ideas.