New National Fees Announced.

10 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

where did you see this on? And if it's coming from Effie, it's true. She is in charge of ALL communications 

Facebook - BSA Family Packs/Girl Troops Page I think.  Its being discussed on several pages, but I am pretty sure it was on that one.

I did the screen shot myself, didnt just find the image.

Edited by 5thGenTexan
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It worked! She "helped aid the confusion"!

The out-of-pocket annual cost to fully participate in our troop (including registrations, summer camp, 8 weekend campouts, patches and just about everything else but high adventure) is around $1,000.

As I have watched the BSA over these last 50+ years I often wonder Do we raise money to have Scouts OR do we have Scout to be able to raise money?  Seems like so much of the professional time is

Posted Images

1 hour ago, yknot said:

Scouts has got to stop with this inane argument

They should at least be more honest about their argument.  I think they are saying that BSA is targeting a specific segment of the "market" that can easily afford club sports, designer clothing, major amusement parks, celebrity concerts, etc..  They aren't looking to attract lower income families anymore.  

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

As I have watched the BSA over these last 50+ years I often wonder

Do we raise money to have Scouts OR do we have Scout to be able to raise money?  Seems like so much of the professional time is raising money, sort of becomes the WHY of Scouting, and not the program.

I am often reminded of the quote from Blazing Saddles and can imagine this being said at Professional Scouter meetings ....We've got to protect our phony-baloney jobs, gentlemen.

FOS = "Fund Our Salaries"

7 hours ago, 5thGenTexan said:

I sent my DE  the graphic and he called me today asking where I got it.  Council is ready to release tomorrow.  Going to be a huge shock to everyone that doesn't tune into the social media.

Got the same thing - "It's not official" and still no information from the council.  Apparently we will not hear anything from them until it's official.  I guess official timelines are different in different councils.  Interesting.

The call then turned in to an FOS discussion, told him to have a nice day

I do not know why my council president emailed us on Friday, but he did. and I am glad. The SE's have had a heads up since NAM. While the pros should be notified in advance, because they will be facing the backlash, the info needs to come out in a timely manner.

And I agree the infographic did cause more confusion than helped IMHO.

Edited by Eagle94-A1
59 minutes ago, MikeS72 said:

While our council has not put anything out, and likely will not until after the vote, I have alerted my unit leadership, so we can plan now for how to cover the additional cost.

I posted in a private committee channel about the increase and was told by the CC it wasn't real if it didnt come from Council, so whatever...