• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, most of them aren't very tall to begin with.  😁

Get rid of popcorn! Sacred Cow that I'd love to be part of the slaughter.  We're still in suspension of all in person activities here in MA until June 15, but, yup, today we got the email from Council

Spinning off from the Major Changes Announced thread, was hoping we could focus on just one idea to come up. That of the 'sacred cows' , in other words, those things which have been unreasonably held

Sorry, I  ment organization...I've heard of Lodges, chiefs at every level, LEC, and Council of Chiefs but never organization.   So if it isn't written down and approved by a national committee, it doesn't exist.   That makes just as much sense as saying an age limit didn't exist.   I'm tired of discussing a moot issue because there is currently no age limit and I  think there should be.

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Mrjeff said:

If you wernt there dont make assumptions and I  would be cautious these days when stating "they can't do that" because "they" can do whatever they want.

So, you are trying to look smarter by scrapling with words, shesh, some of us just want to get scouting back on the tracks.

Here, maybe we can get the real important subject going again, Mrjeff you are the smartest person on the forum. Can we move on now?

Barry

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mrjeff said:

If you wernt there dont make assumptions and I  would be cautious these days when stating "they can't do that" because "they" can do whatever they want.

Take a freaking chill.  I guess the 6 different versions of the handbook that span a few decades I have that don't mention this must all be wrong then? It was your SM that had the requirement, as SM has the final approval of who goes on the ballot.  Accept that and move on.  

I see no reason to mandate what should already be an SM function- heard directly by a member of the National Board who is a former Associate Lodge Adviser from my Lodge that this question has been posed to them before, and was raised last year again when the discussion to allow Venturers and Sea Scouts in (as those programs start at age 14).  You want her SSN too,  just so you can confirm she is a real person, as you weren't there?  

• Like 1

You take a chill and I  dont care what your extensive collection of old books say.  I'm telling you that Lekau Lodge #77 did not have any members under the age of 14 years old, at least in the early 70s.  Believe it or not, I dont care, it makes no difference to me. But unless you were there ......well nevermind.

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Mrjeff said:

Barry, I seriously doubt that I am the smartest person on this site, but thank you for the compliment.  I know what I know because I was a part of it.  Also, I  am as entitled to voice my thoughts and opinions as you are and to do it without caustic or sarcastic comments from a smart ass.  If you want to move on, move.

LOL, I guess not.

Barry

Ah yes.   OA.   The Scout Honor Camper Society.   Some few  questions for y'all...

1)   What, exactly, are the present minimum "official", Irving  requirements for membership in the OA ? 

2)  After the Scout "qualifies",  How would a Scout  be chosen (join?) the OA ?

3)   Why should a Scout aspire to be a member of the OA, assuming he/she is already satisfied (having fun?)  being an "ordinary"  Scout/Venturererer/Sea Scout? 

4)   What benefits accrue  in being an Arrowperson?  What responsibilities?

5)   How come this thread hasn't been rerouted to the OA forum ?  

6)   Why is there air?  

• Like 1