A virtual solution used for Pets Merit Badge Requirement  - Show your pet in a pet show

In Maine, 14-year-old scout wasn't able to put on a pet show as part of that badge before social distancing measures came in to play, so he started a Facebook group Quarantine Pet Show.

More details and news video.

https://www.wabi.tv/content/news/Hermon-boy-scout-finds-creative-way-to-earn-pet-merit-badge-569451181.html

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My counselor for First Aid MB was a senior master sergeant who oversaw the enlisted operating room technicians at the nearby military hospital.  The training was not conducted at a troop meeting.  We

One council here is offering a virtual First Aid merit badge class via Google classroom at $20/student. Drive thru online registration and virtual learning... As a former First Aid MBC,  my scou

I've told this story before, But I enjoy telling it, so I beg for your  patience. Our older scouts spent a month planning a simulated car wreck on a road at one of our local camps. The did research fo

These events are fundraisers for councils.   If anyone actually reads the BSA guide to group instruction (LOL) class sizes advertised in some places are way out of line.  As much as scouters and parents rail against MB universities where scouts have to actually meet with a MBC, these seem to be yeah...give us more.  The way of the future?