12 minutes ago, mashmaster said:

Yeah, I have friends at National that were Furloughed.   😞  

What kind of position?  The person who mentioned this morning they were furloughed is a training instructor I think.  

My DE said they are have a conference call today and he will be calling Unit leader today to report of the "future of Scouting in the District"  Sounds kind of ominous.  

Considering 1/2 million retail workers from many various companies were put on furlough this week, I would say that anyone who isn't essential right now from National Supply straight on through the National office will also be furloughed.

FYI from Chapter 11 case:

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/810634_321.pdf

In addition, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has amplified the strain on the BSA’s senior management and other organizational resources. In light of the social distancing measures adopted throughout the country and the drain those measures have had on the organization’s revenues, the BSA was forced to furlough a large portion of its workforce effective April 1, 2020. The BSA’s senior leadership is also preparing a revised 2020 business plan and cash flow forecast that will better account for the increased financial and operational uncertainty arising from the pandemic. Those efforts include modeling new revenue projections and exploring various cost-reduction levers. The BSA’s senior management is also engaged in efforts to continue alternative programming to its members when most traditional BSA programming is suspended. The substantial reduction in staff, together with the additional work associated with adapting to the new realities of this pandemic, will impose significant additional burdens on the employees who remain.

signed Brian Whittman, Managing Director at Alvarez & Marsal North America, LLC (“A&M”), a limited liability corporation, which has served as a restructuring advisor to the Boy Scouts of America (the “BSA”) and Delaware BSA, LLC, the non-profit corporations that are debtors and debtors in possession in the above-captioned Chapter 11 Cases (together, the “Debtors”), since October 2018

• Upvote 1

our local council furloughed two out of three District executives, actually terminated by eliminating the position of program director, and may furlough the remaining DE if things stay too long.  We are on the verge of canceling summer camp, which is the only real income, and the council is already 1 million in debt to the bank.  This will be a hard bounce back for us.  We were only 15% through our FOS campaign, and now went to an individual mailed flyer, but no one in their right mind is going to spend "extra" money right now.

Our Governor did a stay at home order starting at midnight, which means the registrar will be home without charter inputting access.  The Scout Executive is new as of this year, and luckily was temporary living at the training center across the street from the council offices, so I guy he will be a one man show.

21 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

Those efforts include modeling new revenue projections and exploring various cost-reduction levers.

That is lipstick on a pig.

Question: in the stimulus just passed, who decides whether a company on the ropes is worth saving?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, desertrat77 said:

This would explain the two emails I received asking for early FOS donations.  One was from my council, the other from the district community exec.

FOS already had one nail in the coffin after the price increases.  Now, people possibly being out of work looks much much worse for donations.

• Upvote 2

I got an answer from my friend.  The cash flow isn’t there, in major part because the events aren’t there. A lot of Council fundraising happens in the spring. Community FOS luncheons, golf tournaments, shotgun and sporting clays tournaments, all create income.  When they don’t happen, and thanks to Covid they aren’t, Councils and yes National are like any other business ... they have to cut back. Councils only have two resources:  People and property. Guess which is easier to dispose on a dime?  People.