2 hours ago, skeptic said:

WHAT THE HECK?  WHY IS THIS ON HERE?  PLEASE REMOVE IT.

We can't. Ads are put on your page views based on your viewing history as well as whatever "related content" the search engine finds. The above ad contains a reference to "Boy Scout" and this is a forum related to Boy Scouts. Granted, it's ironic, but there's not much we can do. I suppose you could put your own ads on this forum (contact scouter-terry).

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 11:46 PM, MattR said:

We can't. Ads are put on your page views based on your viewing history as well as whatever "related content" the search engine finds. The above ad contains a reference to "Boy Scout" and this is a forum related to Boy Scouts. Granted, it's ironic, but there's not much we can do. I suppose you could put your own ads on this forum (contact scouter-terry).

On 5/10/2020 at 6:03 PM, John-in-KC said:

Your ads are tied to your internet cache, your cookies, and, if you have a google account, your google history. 

In general, I'm sufficiently free-market to understand that someone hast to pay the bills. I just wish:

1. Ads didn't drag on the presentation of pages.

2. Ads had the same format as forum posts. Maybe a slightly different color.

3. Ads were related to forum content. 

We can't dictate any of that. There's a firm belief among admen that sales are better if they read your cookies, etc ... before inserting ads and presenting a page. So, the best we can hope for is that Terry is negotiating well for the hit on performance.