Unoffical end of neck slides

This one of those post that makes me shake my head in bewilderment.

1. How does it equate to endorsement because  National took a photo of youth wearing neckerchiefs using friendship knots? 
2. I’ve know Crews that used them well before world Jambo, as was suggested (I think with tongue firmly in cheek). In fact, I my NSJ necker is laid together with world contingent necker and tied in friendship knot (it also has a unique slide in one side that was gifted to me).
3. Some youth prefer knots, some prefer slides, let them choose. (Although I can see a unit asking them to choose one or the other for uniformity).
Personally, I usually use one of my neckerchiefs with friendship knot when wearing my Crew uniform and use slides with BSA uniform, and woggle when wearing WB necker. (Frankly, it’s easier to keep the friendship knot looking neat and tidy)

4. Burnham, like most cowboys tied his scarf in a knot. BP got the idea of the necker (and campaign hat) from Burnham.

5. BP himself said using a knot was knot was one way to keep a necker neat and in order. 

So.......knot, slider, woggle makes little difference. I’m just thrilled to see youth wearing neckerchiefs at all.

• Upvote 3
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The friendship knot, especially tied loose like those will come undone very easily, you only need to pull one tail out and the whole thing falls apart. I blame the World Jamboree of course, all t

y'all sound like a bunch of grumpy people.  If the youth want to wear the friendship knot, let them.   

This "debate" goes back to that debacle with Yve St. Larent (spelling?  ) back in the 70's when for some god forsaken reason, the BSA decided they needed to "update" the uniform, and so asked that fas

Posted Images

On 5/6/2020 at 10:32 PM, HelpfulTracks said:

This one of those post that makes me shake my head in bewilderment.

1. How does it equate to endorsement because  National took a photo of youth wearing neckerchiefs using friendship knots?

I think the idea of an endorsement has come from a series of nods to the knot style of wear in recent years, from national and the periphery. I believe Bryan has been photographed with a friendship-knot-tied neckerchief. I feel like I recall seeing this several times from national sources in the past couple of years, although at this particular moment I can't recall a specific one to reference.

Just saying, I don't think it was really this one thing that has led people to believe the knot is getting a nod from national.