Summer Camps and the Coronavirus

So jealous of all these experiences. We are allowed groups of no more than five, so no camping and very little in the way of get togethers until, I guess, there's a vaccine. It's Zoom meetings for the foreseeable future. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son's troop is not in any of those counties, and they are heading to a Circle Ten summer camp, so even if you interpret "local" to mean a council, they are not trying to accomplish that. I thi

I don't understand your logic. Camp is not the same as quarantine. Not everyone will get the virus within the first day or so. With 250 people, one infected person and a 33% increase daily, after 14 d

If a family (10 members or less) can safely camp and hike, so can a patrol of similar size taking the same precautions.  If we had say an Assistant Chief Scout Executive - National Director of Outdoor

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

#1 complaint was no showers, they had to use spigots in the campsite. The PVC shower they created fell apart while the first scout was in it. So far no problems.

😂🤣

3 hours ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

... #1 complaint was no showers, they had to use spigots in the campsite. The PVC shower they created fell apart while the first scout was in it. So far no problems.

Brainstorming for future reference ... right now is a good time to snatch up 5 gal bottles from office water coolers. Because of restrictions, many suppliers aren’t taking them back. Careful pioneering, some work with stoppers and hoses, and you should have a camp shower.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
On 7/19/2020 at 6:29 PM, qwazse said:

Brainstorming for future reference ... right now is a good time to snatch up 5 gal bottles from office water coolers. Because of restrictions, many suppliers aren’t taking them back. Careful pioneering, some work with stoppers and hoses, and you should have a camp shower.

Suggest for showering using garden sprayers. They are fairly common and come in two sizes, 1 gal., and 2 gal.  We've a small collection, about five or six now.  Here's our setup..

1. Water, 2. Distill Water (for back flashing water filters), 3. H2O + 10% bleach, 4. H2O + Lysol, 5. H2O + 25% citric acid, 6.  H2O + Pinesol

For showering, a gallon of water is more then enough for one shower.  And about half that amount of water for rinsing and sanitizing dishes.