Integrating Scoutbook with a website

Our troop is in the process of switching from Troopmaster to Scoutbook. We would also like to have a stand-alone website that could serve as a front-end for Scoutbook (similar to TM), that would also be able to access cloud storage for documents and photos. Am wondering how you integrate Scoutbook with a stand-alone troop website.

Thanks,
Carlos

Similar story here.  I looked at going to Scoutbook - but found that the online version of Troopmaster better fit what we needed.  It cost us something like a dollar per scout per year so I didn't even think twice about it.

But, if you switch I'd love to hear how it goes for you

The old internet advancement system had a API that other people could use to do automated data, import/export syncs with.

The new Scoutbook system has no such API and all 3rd party interfaces with BSA no longer exist.

It is pretty obvious at this point that BSA wants Scoutbook to remain 100% proprietary, and take away any options of interfacing advancement data with and 3rd party tools or websites. 

To the BSA, you should be using Scoutbook or nothing, even though Scoutbook pales in comparison to many other systems such as Troopmaster, Trooptrack etc.

Edited by ham_solo