29 minutes ago, desertrat77 said:

Last year I finally humbled myself and bought an inflatable sleeping pad.   (Ego, I can sleep on the ground, my 35 year old foam pad still works just fine, etc...not so much any more!).  All that to say I a remarkably similar experience to the one you described.  :) 

When I was 12 as a Scout I had one of those egg crate pads on a wooden pallet, (we could see the shiny spider eyes through the boards under us).  I will be 46 this year and I can't sleep like that anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahhh, a scouty question There are quite comfortable backpacking pads. Get an insulated one. That and a down quilt and you should be quite comfortable with little weight. And, when you finally ge

I might be stupid!!!  We had a Council "Camp-In" this weekend.  We all camped at home, did Scout things during the day, and shared on the Council FB page what we did.  Anyway, last night was another m

This is really an inaccurate and unfair characterization.  Any hammock out there designed with camping in mind is designed so that the sleeper lays nearly flat.  Obviously some folks might still be un

18 minutes ago, 5thGenTexan said:

When I was 12 as a Scout I had one of those egg crate pads on a wooden pallet, (we could see the shiny spider eyes through the boards under us).  I will be 46 this year and I can't sleep like that anymore.

I'm at that point myself. 

The shiny night time spider eyes...memories of summer camp in OK....

Also a fun thing to watch newbies blow up any air mattress and place it on the cold ground.  As it deflates with cooling temps, they always think it has a leak.  This was most fun when the scouts camped on an indoor ice rink.  You should have seen the adults mad at the sinking feeling.