OLD TOWN, Maine — When a fire ripped through several downtown buildings earlier this year, the destruction affected more than just the people whose homes burned down or the business owners who lost their investments.

It also touched the members of Boy Scout Troop 76, who were just starting to learn about emergency preparedness when the fire broke out. Ironically, the troop members found themselves ill-prepared to handle the devastating aftermath.

That’s when it occurred to Troop Leader Chris Kelly to introduce a hands-on activity to teach the boys about emergency preparedness by collecting donations for people who survive fires or natural disasters.

More at source

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/12/24/news/bangor/in-wake-of-downtown-old-town-fire-local-boy-scouts-help-those-affected-by-disaster/

Edited by RememberSchiff
add link to fire story
  • Upvote 2

Great story.   I am hoping for our troop to start working on E-prep prior to June 1st (Hurricane season starts).  Many people here in Florida are not very well prepared for a disaster.  I have supplies but not everything we should have.   But being a scouter has given me a lot of supplies needed.  :)

• Like 1