Interested in Trading Leather Stamps

Anyone interested in trading leather stamps?

I'm not looking to sell anything.  Just trade.

I'm looking for multiples of all the Boy Scout, Cub Scout, Girl Scout, O.A. and Wood Badge Leather Stamps.  Plus a lot more.

Our Council has at least 5 sets of leather stamps I'm trying to add to.  Four of the sets are smaller and loaned out to MB Counselors and used in CS Day Camps.  The fifth stays at the Council and I'm trying to get as many different stamps as I can for it.  I also want to have an extra or two of some stamps, especially the Scout stamps since we do occasionally lose one here and there.

I have around 275 different 2D/3D leather stamps with a total over 750.

Attached are 2 PDF files.  One for The Leather Stamps I Want and the other is Extra Leather Stamps I Have.

Most trades, I'm willing to give at least 2 of my stamps for each one of yours.  Many I will give more and some a lot more.  Especially for the red and yellow ones in my list.

I want the trades to be fair for both of us.

The stamps I have are in great condition and I would like the same from you.

If you would like to donate any leather stamps and/or tools, instead of trading, it would be most appreciated.  All donated stamps and tools go directly to the Council. 

I'm NOT looking to get these stamps so I can resell them.  They are for use with Scouts and other Youth Groups only.  I will eventually have to sell the extras I currently have, but I really hate selling on ebay which is why I haven't done it yet.

I am posting this on several forums so some stamps may not be available.  

Contact me with what you have and which stamps you want for them.  I will try to get photos soon, but most likely won't get to it until after Christmas.

Thanks,

Dale

12 21 2019 Leather Stamps Wanted.pdf

12 21 2019 Extra Leather Stamps.pdf

• 1 year later...

Just curious.   Does anyone do leather carving as opposed to just using design stamps.  At various times in my life I was into making belts, purses, billfolds, coin cases etc.  And all were done by tracing the design and then cutting the edges and using tools to shape the design.  I am cleaning out and have found a large number of tools and patterns but don't know anyone interest is doing this style of leather work.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, BEAVALO said:

Just curious.   Does anyone do leather carving as opposed to just using design stamps.  At various times in my life I was into making belts, purses, billfolds, coin cases etc.  And all were done by tracing the design and then cutting the edges and using tools to shape the design.  I am cleaning out and have found a large number of tools and patterns but don't know anyone interest is doing this style of leather work.

There are lots of people that still do leather carving.  Unfortunately, there is not enough time allocated in the Leatherwork MB to allow Scouts the chance. 

Whenever I teach the LW MB I have as few as 3 and a max of 4 hours to complete the whole MB.   After teaching about a dozen of the MB classes I finally settled into a rhythm that allows me get all the Scouts through.  The Scouts take home a nice project they can use and even impresses their parents.  

I only hope that I inspired some of them to explore leatherworking further with my own enthusiasm and examples of what can be made with leather.

I also want to start offering additional classes to Scouts and Scouters that would give them the opportunity to explore this wonderful craft.

If you are able, maybe you might try becoming a MB Counselor yourself.  Contact your local council if your interested. 

What kind of tools do you have?  

• 3 weeks later...

Big Dale

Being a MB counselor at this time is not an option.

I have a large collection of tools including the basic starter sets and then possibly up 100 in various background and shading tools and some design stamps. There are also knives and edging tools.

I also have a large number of the plastic rub on pattern sheets and several books and magazine with patterns.  I think there is also some blank leather pieces.

Sorry not more specific, the box is packed up in the garage - I can look through it if anyone is really interested.

• 6 months later...

I'm sorry if I missed this post and have not contacted you.

I'm interested in any leather tools you would be willing to donate.

I'm currently working with 2 Councils trying to improve their Leatherwork MB offerings.  Any tools donated will be used for that purpose.  The Las Vegas Area Council has 5 sets of tools they use for LW MB and Cub Scout Day Camps.  The Anchorage, Alaska council only offers LW MB during Summer Camps.  But they have 3 Summer Camp locations.  So that's 3 sets of tools.

I have 2 sets of leather tools I use for Scouts.  One in Las Vegas and the other I've been taking up to Anchorage whenever I go up there, piece by piece.  I've been there twice this year already and am going again at the beginning of May.  I want to offer the LW MB classes other times of the year. 

Here is my contact info:

Dale Prezgay

4800 Crimson Glory Ln

Las Vegas, NV  89130

702-768-3335

Thanks,

Dale