I received a call today from our local Scout Shop that there was a gift request fulfilled for one of our Scouts.  I was surprised because I knew nothing about it really, but my name was on the form as the leader.  So, I went down to find out what was going on.  Sure enough I know the Scout, and there was an unfulfilled request for a sibling.  

As far as I can tell, it was not the parent I am familiar with that filled out the request form and I do not know who it was.  Do I just give the items to the parent in the bag or should I wrap things up in nice wrapping paper  and get them to the family???

6 minutes ago, 5thGenTexan said:

I received a call today from our local Scout Shop that there was a gift request fulfilled for one of our Scouts.  I was surprised because I knew nothing about it really, but my name was on the form as the leader.  So, I went down to find out what was going on.  Sure enough I know the Scout, and there was an unfulfilled request for a sibling.  

As far as I can tell, it was not the parent I am familiar with that filled out the request form and I do not know who it was.  Do I just give the items to the parent in the bag or should I wrap things up in nice wrapping paper  and get them to the family???

Ask the organizer (might not be the Scout shop) because it depends on them. They usually have a plan for delivering the gift and many don't want it wrapped so they can verify the gift.  

Barry

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

Ask the organizer (might not be the Scout shop) because it depends on them. They usually have a plan for delivering the gift and many don't want it wrapped so they can verify the gift.  

Barry

Agree on ask the organizer.  Hopefully they have a method.

One of our Scouts Eagle projects was organizing with the local middle school a giving tree for Christmas.  A good bit of double blind so nobody knew who was getting the gifts, they shopped and then wrapped and labeled as per the school counselor instructions.  The Scouts had a fun time shopping.

45 minutes ago, Eagledad said:

Ask the organizer (might not be the Scout shop) because it depends on them. ...

The scoutshop is organizing it (article on Bryan's Blog)

... If you are looking to get involved and to spread the gift of generosity, find your nearest Scout Shop and pick up a ticket. If you know a Scout who could use a Giving Tree ticket, talk to your local leaders and council members this month.

@5thGenTexan, I would hold off until the sibling's ticket was filled and tell the Scoutshop that you're not doing no giving-tree half-ask.

Edited by qwazse
20 minutes ago, qwazse said:

The scoutshop is organizing it (article on Bryan's Blog)

@5thGenTexan, I would hold off until the sibling's ticket was filled and tell the Scoutshop that you're not doing no giving-tree half-ask.

Well... I took care of the siblings stuff myself.  I wasnt going to let one get their stuff and not the other.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eagledad said:

Barry

51 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

Agree on ask the organizer.  Hopefully they have a method.

One of our Scouts Eagle projects was organizing with the local middle school a giving tree for Christmas.  A good bit of double blind so nobody knew who was getting the gifts, they shopped and then wrapped and labeled as per the school counselor instructions.  The Scouts had a fun time shopping.

This is a Scout Shop thing, the requests are on a form they provided.  In fact, the Scout Shop itself pulled the items and received payment.  They just called me today to let me know that it was fulfilled and should come pick it up.  As mentioned about to qwazse... I took care of the sibling myself since I was there.