More of the same except copies might use less toner?

Changes:

Less color ink (easier to copy) , and alert ! icons. 

"DOB" replaced with "Date of Birth"

Part A:

Added following permission :  California's BB gun (device) law  - Penal Code 19915.

Every person who furnishes any BB device to any minor, without the express or implied permission of the parent or legal guardian of the minor, is guilty of a misdemeanor. (California Penal Code Section 19915[a]) My signature below on this form indicates my permission.

I give permission for my child to use a BB device. (Note: Not all events will include BB devices.)

 Checking this box indicates you DO NOT want your child to use a BB device.

old two page part B is now Part B1 and Part B2 - same content except, as @mashmaster noted fields for epipen and rescue inhaler added.

Part C:  same content except  added Skin Issues and dropped "For high-adventure participants, I have reviewed with them the important supplemental risk advisory provided."

Edited by RememberSchiff
typo
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, mrkstvns said:

I keep hoping they'll revise it so that A and B fit on 1 single piece of paper (front/back).  It would make it easier for troops to maintain their set of forms and it would be half us much paper for camps.

With all the legal clowns involved, surprised it doesn't run 12 pages, not including amendments and exhibits....

Sorry to sound stupid here but what is a BB device?  Tried to google it and it only came up as Blackberry devices.  

Just now, Jackdaws said:

Sorry to sound stupid here but what is a BB device?  Tried to google it and it only came up as Blackberry devices.  

never mind. I re-read it and saw it was a gun.   Sheesh. More coffee!!!!!

Since our program involves a considerable amount of shooting (muzzle loaders) which parents are fully aware of, we don't have that problem with parental permission. However, it's up to the Scout to decide as to whether or not to shoot.   

As for the medical,  I've never used the BSA med form, but will provide a copy of my DoT med card when asked since it's more comprehensive as it includes drug testing...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, le Voyageur said:

Since our program involves a considerable amount of shooting (muzzle loaders) which parents are fully aware of, we don't have that problem with parental permission. However, it's up to the Scout to decide as to whether or not to shoot.   

As for the medical,  I've never used the BSA med form, but will provide a copy of my DoT med card when asked since it's more comprehensive as it includes drug testing...

Our camps and other events require the BSA medical form. You can't provide another in place of it. 

On 12/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, mrjohns2 said:

Our camps and other events require the BSA medical form. You can't provide another in place of it. 

That may be true of your camps, but there are exceptions....at our camps, for those of us who drive CDL and are tasked with driving rafting crews into W. Va. using 45 passenger buses, BSA med forms do not meet DoT requirements. Should a driver be stopped by a Trooper and unable to present that document, it's a ticketable offense.....

Edited by le Voyageur

Why would it replace DOT forms? It would be crazy to think otherwise. What I am saying is that it is a stand lone form.  No replacements, and as the form says, all participants require the form.  Other activities may require other forms. DOT forms don't provide the hold harmless statements, media release statements, BMI max, and other parts of the BSA forms.  The DOT forms don't have this. Your camp health officers must much less rigorous than ours. 

From the form "All participants in all Scouting activities complete Part A and Part B. Give the completed forms to your unit leader. This applies to all activities, day camps, local tours, and weekend camping trips less than 72 hours. Update at least annually. Part A is an informed consent, release agreement, and authorization that needs to be signed by every participant (or a parent and/or legal guardian for all youth under 18). Part B is general information and a health history."