Typically, our treasurer gives a list to each den leader prior to re-charter, and the den leaders contact the family.

This year, I sent out multiple messages to each family who had not paid dues notifying them that we could not process them for re-charter without some payment and/or arrangements being made.  We only had one family that made no effort to either set up a payment plan or request a pack scholarship.

Just now, qwazse said:

This can fall to whoever does the work.

I would put it on the treasurer. Otherwise, the committee chair.

HA HA!!!  My wife is the Treasurer.  So by default it falls to the CM.  😂  Committee Chair isnt gonna do anything.  

Just wondering how it works elsewhere. :) 

4 minutes ago, MikeS72 said:

Typically, our treasurer gives a list to each den leader prior to re-charter, and the den leaders contact the family.

This year, I sent out multiple messages to each family who had not paid dues notifying them that we could not process them for re-charter without some payment and/or arrangements being made.  We only had one family that made no effort to either set up a payment plan or request a pack scholarship.

As I said above my wife is the Treasurer and so it kinda comes back to me.  :)  I sent a list to a Lion DL this morning and I am still trying to work on the ones that I KNOW will need assistance.

47 minutes ago, 5thGenTexan said:

As I said above my wife is the Treasurer and so it kinda comes back to me.  :)  I sent a list to a Lion DL this morning and I am still trying to work on the ones that I KNOW will need assistance.

The way I see it you have two options:

1. Take the load of her and be expected to do it from here on out.
  2. Invest in chocolates and flowers and put up with her complaining, but at least it's not the dog house.

Typically, the financially challenged scouts are resolved between the CC, the CM, and the Treasurer. That way, on the report to the committee the Treasurer only has to report the lump sum needed to underwrite dues, and the folks who got the help don't have to worry about being mentioned by name.

8 minutes ago, qwazse said:

The way I see it you have two options:

1. Take the load of her and be expected to do it from here on out.
  2. Invest in chocolates and flowers and put up with her complaining, but at least it's not the dog house.

Typically, the financially challenged scouts are resolved between the CC, the CM, and the Treasurer. That way, on the report to the committee the Treasurer only has to report the lump sum needed to underwrite dues, and the folks who got the help don't have to worry about being mentioned by name.

Yeah, I just let her know who has paid me so it can be recorded properly.  I wish the CC would do their job though.

Our Council has a one time $20 per Scout assistance opportunity this year and I have one family that has asked for that.  We have Pack assistance and anything else that the District might help out with I have to go to the DE to fill out that paperwork.