On a positive note (Thanks Giving)

My sister is sponsoring an international high school student from Germany and he is excited to experience the American Thanks Giving holiday. In fact, his family back in Germany have expressed that they are also excited for him as well and can't wait to get a report. Another family in her neighborhood is also sponsoring an international high school student from Norway. Since the two students have become close, my sister has enjoyed getting close to both of them. Turns out the parents of the student from Norway are here visiting their daughter, and had no plans for Thanks Giving. When my sister learned they had no plans, she invited them to join our family as well and they are also very overjoyed to experience the American holiday. It's refreshing to meet families that want to experience a tradition that many American families seem to take for granted. 

Barry

• Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, qwazse said:

My most favorite Thanksgiving dinners were defined by strangers at the table.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to their comments.

I hope I'm not being self serving because I am cooking the turkey. They better like it.😎

Barry

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Eagledad said:

Thanks, I'm looking forward to their comments.

I hope I'm not being self serving because I am cooking the turkey. They better like it.😎

In my limited and outdated experience, the German student will be happy with the large amounts of meat to consume. :D

Our Spanish exchange student who is also a Scout in Spain just enjoyed his first Thanksgiving meal. We have hosted 11 exchange students (Germany - 4, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Spain -2, France, and Columbia) and they have all found this American tradition to be wonderful (wunderbar). Daniel will help me do the international Scouting presentation at this year's University of Scouting training event. It is great to be a part of a worldwide organization.

• Upvote 2