Kent Scouts ReQuest2021 - 100 years after Shackleton

In 1921 two hand-picked Scouts,  James Marr and Norman Mooney, accompanied Sir Ernest Shackleton on his Rowett Expedition to Antarctica.

In 2021 Kent Scouts plan to commemorate the 1921 expedition by sending a team of ten scouts - ReQuest2021 to crew Bark Europa on a journey similar to the original while undertaking research projects. Follow the Ship satellite track.  I believe the USCG Eagle is also a Bark, likely @mashmaster knows.

8837d13b-4fb3-4e27-bbcd-b4297a549603.jpe

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeenshire/1894433/kemnay-scouts-selected-for-antarctic-expedition-100-years-since-shackleton/

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 1
On 11/23/2019 at 9:07 PM, RememberSchiff said:

In 2021 Kent Scouts plan to commemorate the 1921 expedition by sending a team of ten scouts - ReQuest2021 to crew Bark Europa on a journey similar to the original while undertaking research projects. Follow the Ship satellite track.  I believe the USCG Eagle is also a Bark, likely @mashmaster knows.

One of my former Explorer Scouts (And Queen's Scout Award holder) is one of the team on this. Not that I'm taking any credit mind you. Looks like an amazing trip.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ianwilkins said:

One of my former Explorer Scouts (And Queen's Scout Award holder) is one of the team on this. Not that I'm taking any credit mind you. Looks like an amazing trip.

Still, you must be all the more proud of your scout.