Scouting in Blighted Communities

3 hours ago, Onslow said:

Mods, If I could terminate my account I would.  I'm done here.  It would be greatly appreciated if my account would be terminated.

Why? We cannot help if the line of communication is cut. 

From your profile, you have worn many hats in Scouting. Which hat brought you joy?

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that you have swallowed the bait. We Southerners have always used a slow speech pattern to deceive carpetbaggers into underestimating us while we separated them from their money and women

I've always thought that underdeveloped rural areas face many of the same challenges as impoverished inner city areas. Crime, drugs, poor schools, broken families and few economic opportunities. As ot

A fool's errand?  Of course it is. So when has that ever stopped us? I've been a part of such an attempt twice, once in a poor part of Maryland (tobacco fields and 20 year old pickups), once in a

On 11/27/2019 at 9:34 PM, Onslow said:

I've lived in rural areas most of my life.  I now live in a very small town.  Being a rural dweller signifies nothing, and many rural people are successful in rural areas, or move to the cities, and become successful.  Rural folk are neither monochromatic or monolithic.  People in rural areas tend to be related in communities that are stable.  Nothing evil there, it's just the way things are.  However, an outsider may never be accepted or welcome.  I thought this was common knowledge, and not offensive.  Some rural areas are ravaged by people who have chosen to play with drugs, bed hop, and refuse to do their homework at school.  Some rural folk grieve over the poor choices people make, and become emotional and very upset.  This is life.  Inserting race and politics in the conversation is unfortunate, and serves no purpose.

Mods, If I could terminate my account I would.  I'm done here.  It would be greatly appreciated if my account would be terminated.

There are a number of members here who have offered help and asked for clarification from you, despite what some of us saw as a rather offensive opening. There’s a lot to learn here - if you were really looking for help.