My understanding is that Committee Chairs are responsible for it, although the CC can designate someone (usually someone else on the committee) to be the processor.  If you have Scouts who have stopped showing up to meetings, then I could see having the Scoutmaster be the one to contact them to find out if they plan to recharter or not.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.  The Troop is storming right now.  Adults and Youth alike.  I'm not sure how to get it back on track.  I am a new Scoutmaster and the help that I was promised has not come to fruition.  It's hard to get help when you don't know who will show up week to week.  No consistency.  Scouts seems to always take a back seat to whatever else it going on.  Plus, I don't think anyone knows what their position entails, including the CC.

Edited by tnmule20
1 hour ago, tnmule20 said:

Thank you.  The Troop is storming right now.  Adults and Youth alike.  I'm not sure how to get it back on track.  I am a new Scoutmaster and the help that I was promised has not come to fruition.  It's hard to get help when you don't know who will show up week to week.  No consistency.  Scouts seems to always take a back seat to whatever else it going on.  Plus, I don't think anyone knows what their position entails, including the CC.

This sounds like a good opportunity to have your Scout Executive come and talk to your unit (or the unit commissioner if you have one) about everyone's roles and how to get reorganized.  

Same here.  As Committee Chair I always did it.

Every listing of Committee Chair responsibilities lists recharter as the CC"s job.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:14 PM, tnmule20 said:

I'd encourage you to sit down with the Committee Chair and come up with a list of responsibilities for the different adult volunteer positions you have and think you need to have in the troop - including the SM & CC.  Don't worry about whether you have the role filled today.  What's important is to describe the volunteer structure you want to have.  As prep for that, both you and the CC should go through the online Troop Committee training.

• Upvote 1