National Leadership, Surbaugh Leave of Absense

I like the idea of ditching off non-core, non-productive efforts. STEM Scouts, maybe Explorer groups for those less than 13, and learning for life. If those groups aren’t “more than paying for themselves”, stop them. 

Is NESA or alumni groups paying for themselves? If not, stop them.

Focus on the core. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I certenly wish no Ill will on our former BSA CEO, and pray for his complete recovery. I also question the necessity of having such a huge machine devouring tangible resources.  A lot of very unpopula

Instead of viewing it as reducing bureaucracy at the Council and National levels,  view it as restoring TRUST in unit volunteers. Train'em, trust 'em and maybe even treat them as adults.   Some t

I'd love to see them bring in someone from the outside for this.  The organization is at a critical juncture.  Rather than tapping someone in the system, it would be better to have the absolute best p

From the Southeast Missourian  Dec 31, 2019:

Mosby was a Boy Scout as a youth and served more than 33 years as a volunteer in regional BSA councils as well as with the organization’s Southern Region, its National Committee and the World Organization of the Scout Movement.

He has received the Silver Antelope and Silver Beaver awards, the highest honors for volunteers at the regional and local levels, respectively, and is a Vigil Honor member of the Order of the Arrow, Scouting’s honor society.

In a comment published by The Wall Street Journal on Monday, Mosby said he hoped to “lead the Boy Scouts out of some current challenges and into a new decade serving more youth, families and communities across America.”

More at source:

https://www.semissourian.com/story/2658483.html

On 12/30/2019 at 7:21 AM, RememberSchiff said:

1. I think Mr. Turley, the current National Chair,  meant Chief Scout Executive (CSE) not CEO.  There is no CEO position in BSA.

2. There is also no President position, which would have been Mr. Turley's title had the position not  been renamed to National Chair.  The last President of the BSA was Randall Stephenson. Michael Surbaugh was never President of BSA, he was the unlucky 13th CSE of the BSA. 

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2018/05/31/meet-your-bsa-national-key-3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_presidents_of_the_Boy_Scouts_of_America

I hope CSE Mosby hits the ground running with a  workable rescue plan.  IMHO, releasing a video to the troops today would be a start. 

My $0.01, 

P.S. Is Roger Mosby related to John Mosby , assistant CSE?

P.P.S. No Powerpoint please!

Well I got  the new multiple executive titles wrong,  sorry about that. From the page 13 of June, 2019 update of Charter and Bylaws of BSA

https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/Charter_and_Bylaws_June_2019.pdf

Corporate Officers Clause 1.

The officers of the Corporation shall be the following employees:

President, who shall be the Chief Scout Executive and Chief Executive Officer;

Treasurer, who shall be the Chief Financial Officer;  and

Secretary, who shall be the General Counsel.

Clause 2.

The Chief Scout Executive shall be appointed by and shall serve at the pleasure of the Executive Board and shall serve as the chief executive officer of the Corporation. The Chief Scout Executive shall be a voting member of the Executive Committee, Co-Chair of the National Leadership Council, and an ex officio nonvoting member of all other committees except the Governance and Nominating Committee, where the Chief Scout Executive shall serve as staff advisor. The Chief Scout Executive shall not serve after attaining the age of 65 years. 

(Oops, Mr. Mosby is 72? Bring out the Wayne Brock waiver.)