• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellow Scouters, the winner of the Scouter.com slogan contest is:  @SteveMM!  - @SteveMM:   "Scouter.com - Uniting Scouters Worldwide" Runners up: - @mrkstvns:  "Make Scouting Great Aga

Scouters.com - Uniting Scouters Worldwide

Make Scouting Great Again

On 11/1/2019 at 6:28 AM, RememberSchiff said:

We helpful scouter.com moderators were brainstorming marketing slogans to help a fellow scouting forum beset by unhappy members when we soon realized  that we too lacked a marketing slogan.

What to do? Hire a marketing firm? Not us, we shall have a contest of wit,  whimsy, and wisdom among us.

The Contest is to write a slogan for scouter.com.

Contestants will be any member or moderator of scouter.com

Rules: Follow Scout Oath and Law. Only one entry per post (for voting purposes), but you may submit as many entries as you wish. The more the merrier. You may vote on as many entries as you wish (well except your own :laugh:)

The Winner will be determined by the most votes received by Nov 8, midnight PST. Other votes- Thanks , Up/Down arrows will not also be counted. The winner will be named on Nov 9.

Prize: We will have a SurPrise .

Let the Contest begin

Some clarifications and easing of the rules above. I thought this contest would be a fun diversion, but it seems more like the campout where only 3 or 4 scouts sign up. 

~ RS

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

Some clarifications and easing of the rules above. I thought this contest would be a fun diversion, but it seems more like the campout where only 3 or 4 scouts sign up. 

~ RS

Well, if you want more suggestions. Take the "liked" slogans, put them in a poll, and invite everyone to vote on their favorite. Then you'll get hundreds of comments with alternate suggestions. :p

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Well, if you want more suggestions. Take the "liked" slogans, put them in a poll, and invite everyone to vote on their favorite. Then you'll get hundreds of comments with alternate suggestions. :p

I don't know, mine is the best one and nobody voted for it. :o

Maybe everyone misunderstood the instructions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, carebear3895 said:

What did National do now? 

:( hey now 

They returned to the "How did you get this number?" culture.  They do not, as an institution, see mere volunteers as authoritative thinkers on anything much, regardless of relative experience, study, or learning.  "Work with" has been eclipsed by "work for."  And a "good volunteer," while always somewhat off-putting coming from an employee with much less service, now has a single meaning.

Augh! How did I not see this thread until just now?! I LOVE this kind of thing; if I had had more time I would have come up with at least a half dozen entries. All I have at the moment is:

Scouter.com - "Where Scouting is our path and our purpose"