BREAKING - Fee Increase Numbers

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This just in from my Coucil. (Circle 10) https://circleten.ihubapp.org/posts/34541/the-national-executive-board-of-the-bsa-just-approved-a-new-membership-fee?fbclid=IwAR3XPx25zXr6Caf_KUgxzGXLJ4MK

Imagining a young @Eagledad and his Flaming Arrows floating up to the boardwalk intersection, idling the engine, and showting: "Hey, ladies! Throw your tanks on this here hover craft of ours, and we'l

I was looking at one of my Boys Life issue from the 80s.  They should be embarrassed by the product they are trying to sell now.

Slightly less than the rumored $70-100, but that’s a significant jump. Ouch.  That’s an increase of about $2,000 for our troop, assuming council dues stay the same. 

Meanwhile, our fundraising numbers are down for the fourth straight year. 

Edited by swilliams
7 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

defcon 1 here at the office. Phones are unplugged and doors are locked. We are sacrificing the interns 

(kidding of course)

I thought that was a normal Wednesday :)

(kidding also)

Edited by ParkMan
expanded the thought

Roughly another $1,700 for our unit.  We have a corporate sponsor lined up, so life moves on

8 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

defcon 1 here at the office. Phones are unplugged and doors are locked. We are sacrificing the interns 

(kidding of course)

I trust you are using the GTSSI (Guide to Safely Sacrificing Interns) - make sure you have the 2018 update

• Upvote 1

When I went to the OPs link, I noticed that it said "comments are turned off."

I wonder how much blow back the councils are getting. 

I also wonder if the fees would have been higher had it not been for the vocal response to the original announcement about a fee increase.

6 minutes ago, prof said:

I also wonder if the fees would have been higher had it not been for the vocal response to the original announcement about a fee increase.

We actually haven't been notified yet (surprise surprise). Circle Ten Council in Dallas leaked it. I imagine some of their volunteers work at National and got this information early. 

6 minutes ago, prof said:

I think it was posted as a courtesy from the Council early in the morning so people would have an idea of what is going on.  There is already a new thread on the Council page discussing the increases.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 5thGenTexan said:

This just in from my Coucil. (Circle 10)

https://circleten.ihubapp.org/posts/34541/the-national-executive-board-of-the-bsa-just-approved-a-new-membership-fee?fbclid=IwAR3XPx25zXr6Caf_KUgxzGXLJ4MKX1tpT023gvKAPuf51Jx9DF3BUTiWTjg

Beginning with the 2020 recharter (due December 31, 2019) the following fees will be collected by the National Council (no portion will remain within the Circle Ten Council):

• Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing youth - $60
  • Exploring youth - $36
  • Stem youth - $250
  • Adults - $36
  • Unit Charter Fee - $60

Not as bad as it could have been.  Without any increase our cost would have been $50 per scout, $33 to National, and $17 to Council.  This will put our per scout cost at $77.  With a little belt tightening I think both of my units will be ok.

45 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

(kidding of course)

Doing that backwards.  Shouldn't you have thrown those interns into the volcano ahead of time, thus warding off the increase???😋