What Have You Learned About Yourself

After being a leader what have you found out about yourself?

District / Council campouts that are packed 8 am to 10 pm with program have shown me I do A LOT of "boredom eating" and sitting.  Yesterday over the course of an entire day I walked ten miles only eating at the designated times.  I don't need to nap, I don't need to scrounge for candy all day.  Big revelation for me really.

• Upvote 4

I've found I like simple camping the best.

Less gear, gear that is elementary/low tech, food that simple fare but high quality.

A real camp fire...for cooking..conversation...listen to the wind blowing through trees.  Acceptable number of hissing, over-bright propane lanterns:  zero.

Etc.

• Upvote 3

I'm addicted to the woods.

When a week goes by and I'm not camping or hiking or just sitting around a campfire, I get antsy. I crave it. It's like a weird primal urge to get oudoors.

Also, at summer camp I really enjoy a salad for lunch and dinner.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Chadamus said:

I'm addicted to the woods.

When a week goes by and I'm not camping or hiking or just sitting around a campfire, I get antsy. I crave it. It's like a weird primal urge to get oudoors.

Also, at summer camp I really enjoy a salad for lunch and dinner.

We only had an overnight camp, but I was happy to hit the salad bar last night at dinner.  :)

Value everyone for their uniqueness.  As everyone is cut from different cloth, find the best, not worse, about a person.  I don't need more just like me, I need others to show me ways out of my-box thinking.  After many personality tests over the years and finding what type I am (more than just introvert or extrovert), I need and like to see other types' ways and thoughts.

Our diversity is our strongest link or nothing would ever change.

Like I tell scouters with challenging units...some are kings and queens, and some are 2s and 3s.  The 2s and 3s are usually wild.

Edited by Double Eagle
forgot something.