Voice of the Scout surveys

3 minutes ago, Jackdaws said:

Camp Shands is much nicer than it used to be.   Echockotee still has light years to go on getting enough restrooms

Well, we are both Floridian's, but it looks like you are just north of me, in North Florida Council.  I am in Central Florida Council, and was referring to the set up at Camp La-No-Che.

We were  at Woodruff in July of 18.  That was the camp that labeled the adult showers as for both adult and for female youth.  There were quite a few of them in the block we used, so there were no issues (also, if I remember correctly, there were no female units that used that particular shower block)  Daniel Boone had a shower house with 18 individual rooms; I think that the fact that they all had locking doors is why there was no male/female distinction made.

• Like 1

Yes, I am in the NFC.  

We were there the last week of June up in Campsite 19.  Since it was out in the middle of no where is why we believe the bathrooms there were so nice.  But the one down near the handicraft shelter and dining hall wasn't that bad considering it was a high volume usage. 

Regarding bathrooms/showers, etc ...

Do your troops take it in rotation to clean your camp's showers?

I know as a scout up until a few years ago mine did. Heck, I built* my camps' latrine.

*Okay, "built" was quite a stretch ... kinda like how Al Gore and I built this here internet ... but my limited involvement in latrine assembly was because of a sudden bout of flu. It was mostly scouts slapping up posts and plywood while I huddled in a corner fighting chills.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, qwazse said:

I know as a scout up until a few years ago mine did. Heck, I built* my camps' latrine.

Now  that's the ticket... :D   ....Say that's a ticket idea  for aspiring  WBers. 

With pride, I was part of a group of scouters that built a latrine.  It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far,far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

A lot of Field of Dream whisper lines during construction. 

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Haha 2
59 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

Now  that's the ticket... :D   ....Say that's a ticket idea  for aspiring  WBers

Actually, building the latrine was one of the first things we had to do at the start of my week long Wood Badge course back in '72!  Didn't even count toward my ticket!!🤣

1 hour ago, qwazse said:

Regarding bathrooms/showers, etc ...

Do your troops take it in rotation to clean your camp's showers?

We usually end up sharing a campsite, since we generally take a dozen or so to camp.  We then switch off days with the other troop being responsible for cleaning the shower room.

• Like 1