2021 National Jamboree—NOW CANCELLED

1 hour ago, mrjohns2 said:

Some other post asked how national could lose $3 million on a Jamboree. Pretty easy. Misjudge how much to charge or go over budget. If you misestimated by $50/participant and went over budget by $50/participant, that is a cool $3 million with 30,000 Scouts. Very easy to do. 

National (thru NewWorld19) planned and budgeted to make a profit from WSJ 2019, say it was $400 profit/scout. So if unplanned additional expenses were an added $400/scout, they would have broke even. With a $3M loss for 30,000 scouts, then the unplanned additional expenses are ($400+$100)/scout.  Ouch.

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure what the age of the tent has to do with it, but we have some old tents they could use, if that would help.

If I have to treat you like a Bobcat Cub Scout I can. Please do me a favor and delete your reply. When i see you have, I will delete this. 

Thanks so much for your response!  My kid really wants to go and if I have to troll the council website for when they put out a link, it may be a good, long while.  I want to make sure he signs up in