Sign in to follow this  
mrkstvns

2021 National Jamboree

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, mrkstvns said:

BSA is gearing up for the 2021 National Jamboree.  The theme will be "Face the Challenge".

Well...I guess they have retired "Scout Me In"??

Edited by Jameson76

24 minutes ago, Jameson76 said:

Well...I guess they have retired "Scout Me In"??

Scout Me In was a failure from the get go. National truly never got behind it other than a few social media posts. 

37 minutes ago, carebear3895 said:

Scout Me In was a failure from the get go. National truly never got behind it other than a few social media posts. 

I'm fine with Scout Me In. For not being behind it, I'm seeing signs with that slogan in front of a few COs. But, you aren't going to get much more than that unless some generous donor purchases TV spots for their council. In any case, "Scout Me In" is still the BSA ad campaign.

"Face the Challenge" is the Jambo slogan. Which, I think is a terrible slogan. By now everyone knows that a reclaimed strip mine is tough to walk around in, and the only challenge is ambient temperature showers and long lines at the big zip. I would have preferred an image of a couple of scouts shaking hands at the top of a climbing wall and a saying like, "On the Brink of New Friendship!" Or, some scouts hanging on to a raft, "In the Drink with New Friends!" :)

The fact remains that the most exciting thing at Jamborees is the excitement the scouts bring. And that excitement hinges on scouts from different parts of the country showing brotherly love for one another. If BSA does not market that, it won't sell.