10 hours ago, RememberSchiff said:

Old Guy? The BSA is becoming No Scouting for Old Men, particularly for those learned in scouting from back in the day. 

Next stop working with Habitat for Humanity or joining a Men's Shed  or maybe  enjoy what are they called, oh yes, a hobby.  :)

Sounds like a great idea. I'm also thinking my local camp would be more than happy for a shed to form on camp property ;). One of our council properties does have a group that just completely ignores the council but does take care of the one property.

I have a friend that lives in Barcelona and they have a "cooking shed." Somehow this group got hold of an old restaurant. When they get together they make fantastic meals. Or just really great mixed drinks. I was there one day and although it was all in Spanish they were still giving each other a ton of grief. Sounded fun.

We also have a "makerverse" place in town. Anyone can join and there is a fee but they have a lot of tools. That could be fun as well. Tonight I'm having a group come to my house to finish raw plaques for our district recognition event. We'll have them engraved at the makerverse.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 9:51 AM, John-in-KC said:

I was here before I went to WB.  I’m still here. 

Only been on this forum for a little more than two years.

On the other hand, this forum (or the internet for that matter) were not around when I went to WB.  MT-14; 1972😤

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...