No Batteries Needed

I know this article is now 8 years old, but it is one of the dumbest things I have read in a while.  

Mary has one apple. You have zero apples. Mary says, “Hey, this apple is really good.” You think, How can I have an apple, too? By going outside, it’s easy! Simply go to the market—physically—and buy an apple. Result? You have an apple, too.

Yes, going to the store.  This is one of my favorite activities and truly encompasses all that "outside" as to offer. 

Sight and Hearing aren't perfect in everyone and not everyone experiences these senses in the same amazing way that the author implies. 

After going outside, the Louvre is but a plane ride away.

Yes, the Louvre... the cheapest round trip flight I can find from here to Paris is around $1100. That's isn't including all of the other expenses with that trip.  My VR setup cost way less than that...

I love the outside and I spend as much time there as I can, but this kind of snark isn't convincing anyone.  It is a great read for people who look at kids and their computers/phones/"vidya games" and scoff.  It is really annoying for people who enjoy those things or have various difficulties interacting with "outside."