merit badge sash q2

1 hour ago, perdidochas said:

As Treflienne says, it would be politically impossible to do so. Should have been a Tenderfoot or Second Class requirement years ago, though.  

Hmmm.  That's actually a useful "life skill".  I can't tell you how many pairs of pants or oxford shirts I've tossed in the Goodwill bag just because a button popped off and I don't know how to sew it back on myself and am too lazy to take it over to the alterations shop to get it sewed on.

My son taught himself to sew things on his uniform.  He was surprised to learn that I was paying the alterations shop to sew his patches on for him. I never told him to do it himself, he's just a responsible kid who wants to do things for himself.

Edited by mrkstvns
  • Thanks 1

Instead of sewing, it could simply be self-sufficiency.  It would include very basic sewing, doing laundry, generic home upkeep such as floor cleanliness to include mopping and vacuuming, and other every day or week needs for living on your own.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, skeptic said:

Instead of sewing, it could simply be self-sufficiency.  It would include very basic sewing, doing laundry, generic home upkeep such as floor cleanliness to include mopping and vacuuming, and other every day or week needs for living on your own.

... and don't forget about applying clear repair patches for down sleeping bags. A leader showed me that this week. Mind=blown.