Name on Eagle Project?

I am working on my eagle project and just finished building 4 tables for a park. My scout master thinks it’s a good idea to make small plaque and put it under the table on a brave. It would say something along the lines of “ donation to the town of ____  built by troop 123 and lead by(my name)” I just wanted to know if this is ok because I am not all to sure I should put my name on them since it’s an eagle project. 

Welcome to Scouter, @Theone67, as to your question, my two cents would be

“donation to the town of ____  built by troop 123, as part of an Eagle Leadership Service Project. “

Theres no RULE about your name, I just tend to be quieter in tooting my horn. 

Edited by John-in-KC

Welcome to the forums!

Last December, my kids (all adults, 2 Eagles, one sister-of-said-birds, one wife and one girlfriend who we've given every opportunity to flee) and I visited a pleasant trail in a park on a river island near Vero Beach, FL. On the return loop, one of them spied a granite headstone engraved "donation of (sponsor - a cemetery, go figure), Eagle project of (scout), troop (###)." We were a little bemused by the enthusiasm of the adults who insisted on etching their accomplishment in stone, and felt a little embarrassed for the scout. On the other hand, it was a nice trail, and we were grateful for the scouts who put in the labor to make it so.

So, yes, a small plaque recognizing you and your troop's hard work is allowed, it's not a bad idea, and it as not as "out there" as some that we've all seen.

Thanks for your leadership in what we can hope will be the first of many service projects in the coming years.

Edited by qwazse
  • 3 weeks later...

I think a small, tasteful plaque is an excellent idea.  It's a way to help keep scouting in the public eye and to let people know that scouting contributes to their local communities. (Not to mention a little ego-boo for the Eagle scout.)

I've seen that done on just about every "permanent" Eagle Project I've ever seen.  It's not unusual.  What it comes down to is whether YOU want it.  You're still the leader of the project, and if you don't want it, then it shouldn't happen.