New Calendar Year Party

This will be our first year starting back with our Cubs. Does anyone give a welcome back gift (something small) to those Cubs coming back? Do you give a welcome pack/item to those that are new? We are a small group and I want to do something our Cubs will remember and want to come back year after year. Do you do something big on their first pack meeting?

One year we gave all of our new tigers small stuffed tigers they could clip onto their back packs as a welcome to the pack gift. Someone found them at a dollar store. Anything fun related to outdoors, etc., is probably going to be expensive. Cheap things are pawprint tattoos or stickers. Cheap paper airplane or rocket toys... 

I have never heard of the packs around here doing anything like that.  I like the idea of something memorable that they will look forward to each year - but I tend more toward experiences over "things".  Maybe you could come up with a ceremony and activity for the start of the year - similar in idea and significance to the bridging (graduation) ceremony at the end of the year.  

• Upvote 1