The importance of wanting and doing...

Benjamin Hardy is a man who made many mistakes in his life. I can tell that because his writing reflect experience and wisdom.  He passed on to me two observations that I'd like to share with you:  1) the power of desire, and 2) the power of now.

Hardy says that If you have a dream, and you really want to make it reality, you are the one who needs to make it happen. 

When was the last time you did a workout where you literally put everything into it?

When was the last time you really tried, I mean REALLY tried, at anything?

If you’re like most people, you’re probably putting half-thought and half-effort into most of what you’re doing.

Paul Arden, the famed designer and author, once said, “Don’t look for the next opportunity. The one you have in hand is the opportunity.” He also said, “Too many people spend too much time trying to perfect something before they actually do it. Instead of waiting for perfection, run with what you got, and fix it along the way.”

If you want something bad enough, you’ll make it happen. However, if you don’t want something, even the best of strategies won’t serve you.

Too many of us don't achieve everything we want because we don't take the first step on the road towards the goal. If we really, REALLY want something, we need to act to make it happen. The only sure way to never achieve a goal is to never start.

There is an ancient Chinese proverb that says, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”  

What tree do you want to plant? When will you plant it?