So our Charter Org Rep makes a big deal about our troops first ever scout going to World Jamboree to the entire troop email and asks them to send him care packages.   The troop has been around for a long time so he is making a big deal so it makes sense.  Of course my son who is in the troop and also going to World Jamboree isn't mentioned at all....  He tells me at dinner tonight "they don't even know I exist".  He transferred in a year ago and basically feels invisible.   COR knows he is also going....

I feel like sending mail to the COR and saying "Way to go jerk....."

39 minutes ago, HashTagScouts said:

If I were your son, I'd reply "Hopefully when you all send care packages for Johnny, there's enough for him to share with me, as I'll be there as well" .

That would be awesome 🙂

Your son can leverage his talents. Invisibility goes well with capture the flag. :D

Seriously, if it matters to him, he should commit to sending pictures of the trip back to the troop every couple of days.

• Like 2

Is there more to the story, why the focus on that Scout?

Oh, one of our best SPLs was the quiet scout. My younger son was very shy and considered a bit of a hero on a trek that went badly. I personally like standing in the shadows and modeled it as a SM.

Barry

Edited by Eagledad

Humans are astoundingly fallible and incompetent at almost everything we do.

Assume good will on everybody's part and that not mentioning your son was an oversight.  Send a polite note to the COR reminding him mashmaster jr. is also going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, T2Eagle said:

Humans are astoundingly fallible and incompetent at almost everything we do.

Assume good will on everybody's part and that not mentioning your son was an oversight.  Send a polite note to the COR reminding him mashmaster jr. is also going.

Probably right.  I am focusing more on him going and having a fabulous time.