Hello!!

I am the new Cubmaster for my pack. It was disbanded a few years ago, and last year was reactivated. No one seems to have access to the pack bank account, so I am hoping to get some guidance on what steps I could take to get into the account myself. Thank you all!

Do you have reason to believe there's money in the account?  If so your best bet is find out from the bank who is listed as an authorized signatory and try to track that person down and have him transfer access to you.

If there's no money it's probably easiest to just start from scratch.

If you can't get good information from the bank, or if you can't find who last had access, than you'll need to get your Chartering Organization involved, the bank account should be under their tax ID number and they'll have to claim the funds from the bank.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the advice. I believe there is a few dollars in the account but not much. Next week is my first committee meeting, so I will ask about it then, but it is likely I will have to open a new one. Again, thank you!

Whoa thar pardner,  T2Eagle has part of the answer, but you , as CM should not be the one who opens a bank account.  Check with your Committee Chair and Charter Org.   Do you have a Unit Treasurer named?  Your CO may have a recommendation or requirement to consider, too.   Where money is involved, even piddlin' amounts from popcorn sales (did I say piddlin'? ), folks need transparency and open handedness.  My CM friend, do NOT cover the Pack checking account by yourself. Do. Not.  Procedures.   Signature cards.  Tax ID's.   

* A Scout is Trustworthy and Thrifty and.....

I don’t want anything to do with the account honestly. But I have no other leaders besides a committee chair member that used to be a den leader. No treasurer, or anything else covered in the classes I took. I plan meetings. I lead meetings. I buy patches with my own money. I just want the boys to get the most from this experience. I have a committee meeting next week and I will raise my concerns with funds and the account. Thank you for the warning.