Has anyone seen C.W. Fetter?

Hello All!

Since my grandfather Charles Willard "Bill/Billy" Fetter passed away several years ago, I have been trying to discover more about his time in scouting during the 1950's. 

I have discovered that he achieved Eagle Scout in 1957 while in Troop 32 of Akron, Ohio. Due to a fire, however, the local council of that area is unable to supply me with any information regarding his time, and the troop has also since dissolved. I have only received a few of his scout items from my Grandmother, and would love to at least know about any others that might still be around. 

So please, if anyone has any information regarding Troop 32, any vintage items that has a similar name on them, or any places I might be able to find them, it would be greatly appreciated if you would at least put it in this forum. 

Thank You!

-SearchFetter

Welcome to the forum, @SearchFetter.

I Googled "troop 32 akron ohio" and got the following:  http://troop32akron.scoutlander.com/publicsite/unitcustom.aspx?UID=2488&CUSTOMID=7769.

The troop was formed in 1920 and is still active. Troop 32 meets at Family of Faith UMC at 800 East Market Street, Akron Ohio.

Just as an addition, if anyone knows about this scout you can send a personal message to SearchFetter.

Edited by MattR

Ahhh, the ubiquitous records fire. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard our council or lodge lost their records in a fire. 

Apparently a whole lot of councils and lodges should have their firem’n chit taken away.

As for your search, I have no information. But good luck, I hope you find something. 

Start with the troop, they may have some history files.

You might want to check the local paper archive/history and photo archives. I have heard of some newspapers keeping kill files on articles not printed, as well as all photos taken.

Also some churches will have old church bulletins. 

The OA lodge is usually a good place to find council historians as well.

Good luck

1 hour ago, HelpfulTracks said:

Ahhh, the ubiquitous records fire. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard our council or lodge lost their records in a fire. 

Apparently a whole lot of councils and lodges should have their firem’n chit taken away.

My council lost most of their records to a flood.  Because of that my online record shows I took Scoutmaster training in 1910.  

• Haha 1

Thank you @MattR, @scoutldr@HelpfulTracks, and @NealOnWheelsfor your responses. 

I should also add some more info to this search query. 

1. My grandfather's full name was technically Charles Willard Fetter Jr. and went by C.W. Fetter Jr., as well as Billy or Bill in place of the C.W.

2. These are things that I DO know about his time in scouts:

• He earned Eagle Scout (I have his ring but not his medal, certificates, or patch for it)
  • He earned the God and Country religious award (I do NOT have the certificates or medal for it)
  • He attended the 1957 World Scout Jamboree at Valley Forge, PA. (all that I have is a little bit of Kodak footage, a few pictures, and the commemorative coin)

I don't know what else he did in scouting or what badges he earned, and I have none of his uniform or gear. Please let me know in you have any collected gear from Akron Ohio, Troop 32, or with the names "C.W. Fetter Jr., Billy Fetter, Billy," or anything else along those lines.

This search is very important to me, as I am following in my Grandfather's footsteps by attaining Eagle Scout, and I never got a chance to ask my Grandfather about his scouting journey. 

Thank you all. 

-SearchFetter