First New Troop Adult Meeting

3 minutes ago, Treflienne said:

In our part of the country at least, camping in camps with established fire rings and ample downed wood,  we cannot blame LNT for the lack of campfire cooking.

Burn bans in my neck of the woods is no fires period, not even in rings. The Dakota fire pit or fireplace is designed for windy dry that could cause prairie or wildfires. When I was taught it, the Aussie told me that down under, it was the only type of wood fire permitted when they had burn bans. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Answering your last question first. Encourage your SM to never operate as Webelos 3. They are scouts from day 1. If they don't understand what that means, they learn it. (That's why Scout is now consi

Ok here are some links I have found. And I want to give  a shout out to @Kudu and his Inquiry.net website. It has a wealth of information there. And I want to apologize about the wrong year for the 3r

I was invited to attend the Boy Troop Committee Meeting tonight to discuss my intentions to form a Troop for girls.  ( We will share a CO as well as the Troop Number).  Everyone was very supportive an

I was invited to attend the Boy Troop Committee Meeting tonight to discuss my intentions to form a Troop for girls.  ( We will share a CO as well as the Troop Number).  Everyone was very supportive and the entire committee promised to help out with whatever we might come across.  They were also able to tell me about a few girls they knew who will probably be interested in joining.  They also encouraged me to go ahead and go public with the announcement of the Troop formation.  I was hesitant to open up to the community until we had everything lined up and ready to go as to not appear half-assed.  To the next step we go...

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, 5thGenTexan said:

They also encouraged me to go ahead and go public with the announcement of the Troop formation.  I was hesitant to open up to the community until we had everything lined up and ready to go as to not appear half-assed.

In our area local advertising, even before our plans were as definite as yours, found more girls (and their parents) to add to the group forming a troop.  Don't feel like you have to have everything lined up before you start broadly recruiting.   You don't need to promise what you don't yet have, but you can certainly announce your hopes and intentions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1