mrkstvns

Camps Where SCOUTS Cook Meals

Having worked MHA I'm a bit confused that they are now using stoves on the treks....must be a new policy shift. I'll touch base with them for clarification....

The Mountain Man program at BRMC has been running now for over 20 years and was an off shoot of their High Knoll program. It's more of an enrichment program instead of high adventure, blending the Eastern long hunter era with the Mountain Man era.  There are You Tube videos of the program, but those are dated and poorly done.  

18 hours ago, le Voyageur said:

The Mountain Man program at BRMC has been running now for over 20 years and was an off shoot of their High Knoll program. It's more of an enrichment program instead of high adventure, blending the Eastern long hunter era with the Mountain Man era.  There are You Tube videos of the program, but those are dated and poorly done.  

Well, maybe the BRMC needs to hire somebody a bit more creative about promoting their camps and programs. Sounds to me like they've put a lot of work into creating a strong Mountain Man program but are just shooting themselves in the foot with a poor web site and poor videos.

You've hit the nail square on the head....spent several hours with the NCAP team last season detailing improvements...now, it's a wait and see.   On reflection concerning MHA, use of stoves, yes they do carry. They are small backpacker stoves, one per crew (9+2+1) and are used simply for making morning coffee...meals require the traditional campfire, rain or shine...the only meal the crew dose not prepare is at the end of the trek which is prepared by Base, being a Bean Hole supper.....

Edited by le Voyageur
  • Thanks 1