Camps Where SCOUTS Cook Meals

My friend's troop goes to Camp Rodney.  He tells me they offer 3 ways to feed based on where your site is.

Dining Hall

Heaterstack where they bring the food out to the site and the troop serves it and cleans up

Patrol Cooking where you are on your own to feed your unit - there is a reduced cost per scout for this option

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got back from a trek run by the summer camp we were at. It wasn't so much cooking our food (more like rehydrating) but it was a challenge that we all shared. In that respect it was similar to p

Returned from Camp Baldwin, OR couple weeks ago. I am sold on patrol cooking at summer camp. Okay yes it is harder but its better. Our troop is on the path from being 'troop method' to being patrol me

We just returned from Freeland Leslie, a Patrol cooking camp.  51 scouts, 6 patrols,   23 first time summer campers.  Only 5 adults present all week with 1 - 2 other adults rotating in to provide a bi

Posted Images

We were at Medicine Mountain Scout Ranch in SD (not, NM typo in the original msg) last summer and our scouts LOVED it!  They have patrol-style cooking.  We ended up with SO much extra food.  It was a great cooking experience!

Edited by xinaDeRockie
10 hours ago, xinaDeRockie said:

You are correct!  SD, not NM. I've been researching patrol-style cooking at the various  summer camps and my focus was in NM.

Now it makes sense.  Better than that I've been to MM and it sounds like they've improved their patrol cooking. We were there years ago and the patrol cooking had problems. I've always liked the idea but seen it not very well thought out, or worse. But when it works it can be great training for patrols.

I hope you enjoyed all the fun things to see nearby. I really liked the caves.