Sounds like the scout's doing it right ...

Not content with the 21 merit badges required for Eagle, Ray said he plans to earn additional merit badges to receive additional Eagle Scout palm awards. He also plans to actively recruit for his troop while acting as the Bacon Ninja Warrior Webelos den chief for a Cub Scout pack in Ellicott City.

I admire any scout who shuns insta-palms, recruits, and helps a DL manage his/her den.

1 minute ago, qwazse said:

Sounds like the scout's doing it right ...

I admire any scout who shuns insta-palms, recruits, and helps a DL manage his/her den.

Yes.  I hope he keep up the positive attitude.  He's got over 5 years of potential leadership ahead of him.  Lots of opportunity to earn some of those "above and beyond" awards, staff summer camp, do OA treks, and all the other opportunities that are too often overlooked.

I wish him well.

But "Bacon Ninja Warriors"??? ?

Congratulations to this young scout.  It reads like he is very motivated to stay in the scouts even after meeting his initial goal of making Eagle.   Where I am located, most scouts are less motivated to make eagle for the sake of making eagle and only finish eagle in order to "check the box" on their college application.  Their motivation is not wrong, just different.  

Scotty

2 hours ago, mrkstvns said:

Yes.  I hope he keep up the positive attitude.  He's got over 5 years of potential leadership ahead of him.  Lots of opportunity to earn some of those "above and beyond" awards, staff summer camp, do OA treks, and all the other opportunities that are too often overlooked.

I wish him well.

But "Bacon Ninja Warriors"??? ?

It has bacon, it has ninjas...  What's not to like?  :laugh: 

https://www.patchtown.com/baconninjapatrolpatch.aspx

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

It has bacon, it has ninjas...  What's not to like?  :laugh: 

https://www.patchtown.com/baconninjapatrolpatch.aspx

I don't know what scares me most....

• somebody thought up the patrol name "Bacon Ninja Warriors"
  • everybody thinks its a cool name
  • there's actually a patch available that is in-stock and ready for immediate delivery
  • the page on that link you posted got rated 5 stars

I must be getting old.

Not to be a naysayer, I know it is quite possible to Eagle at 12, but I got some concerns.

From the article:

"Ray said he started the arduous project in September 2014." and "Ray became a Boy Scout in January 2014, then achieved Tenderfoot rank in May 2014, Second Class and First Class in July 2014, Star rank in Nov 2014 and Life rank in May 2015."

You cannot start an Eagle Project unless you are Life and it is approved.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, mrkstvns said:

I don't know what scares me most....

• somebody thought up the patrol name "Bacon Ninja Warriors"
  • everybody thinks its a cool name
  • there's actually a patch available that is in-stock and ready for immediate delivery
  • the page on that link you posted got rated 5 stars

I must be getting old.

https://tradingpost.classb.com/official-licensed-bacon-ninja-patrol-patch/

theres 2 different patches...

It would be nice to have a follow-up story on how many palms he has now.

I wonder if he regrets not postponing rank advancement so that he could load up on instapalms.

• Upvote 2
On 6/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Not to be a naysayer, I know it is quite possible to Eagle at 12, but I got some concerns.

From the article:

"Ray said he started the arduous project in September 2014." and "Ray became a Boy Scout in January 2014, then achieved Tenderfoot rank in May 2014, Second Class and First Class in July 2014, Star rank in Nov 2014 and Life rank in May 2015."

You cannot start an Eagle Project unless you are Life and it is approved.

Yeah, that stuck out to me as well. 

Along with the fact that the skid loading work was done by his parents and scoutmaster. 

Plus, while I'll grant kudos to the kid for being eager, I've never like the idea of glorifying the "Speedy Eagle".

• Upvote 1