Breakfast is served...

Many troops over the years have successfully raised money for their unit by hosting a breakfast. Pancake breakfast, omelette breakfast, or even all you can eat feast. Make it your own. Have a few pamphlets around so the event can help recruit new scouts. 

Here's some news about a troop charging $8 for adults and $5 for kids. Eggs the way you like 'em, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc.
https://fiddleheadfocus.com/2019/05/28/news/community/top-stories/boy-scouts-to-cook-up-breakfast-feast-and-host-silent-auction-fundraiser/ 

1 hour ago, mrkstvns said:

Many troops over the years have successfully raised money for their unit by hosting a breakfast. Pancake breakfast, omelette breakfast, or even all you can eat feast. Make it your own. Have a few pamphlets around so the event can help recruit new scouts. 

Here's some news about a troop charging $8 for adults and $5 for kids. Eggs the way you like 'em, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc.
https://fiddleheadfocus.com/2019/05/28/news/community/top-stories/boy-scouts-to-cook-up-breakfast-feast-and-host-silent-auction-fundraiser/ 

Our Church youth group hosts pancake breakfasts.  IMHO, it's the best bang for your buck for fundraising. We generally give three pancakes and a sausage patty, with juice and/or coffee and charge $5.  A 10 lb bag of pancake mix (just add water) is less than 10, and will make 270 pancakes.  

Did it when I was a scout. The youth started out as waiters, then moved up until they ran the kitchen. SPL taught me everything I needed to know about flipping pancakes.

Didn't do eggs. Only pancakes. SPL did have some buttermilk set aside for any requests for his specialty.

16 hours ago, perdidochas said:

Our Church youth group hosts pancake breakfasts.  IMHO, it's the best bang for your buck for fundraising. We generally give three pancakes and a sausage patty, with juice and/or coffee and charge $5.  A 10 lb bag of pancake mix (just add water) is less than 10, and will make 270 pancakes.  

We do the exact same. We still do this every year. We charge ~$10 since we also get Starbucks coffee donated which is always a big hit. 

I honestly don’t feel like all the extra thing  that the article has is really needed. That’s a lot of options and expensive items for such a low entry cost.

1 hour ago, ItsBrian said:

We do the exact same. We still do this every year. We charge ~$10 since we also get Starbucks coffee donated which is always a big hit. 

I honestly don’t feel like all the extra thing  that the article has is really needed. That’s a lot of options and expensive items for such a low entry cost.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The more you add to the menu, the more you increase your costs and the more you increase your complexity.   Keep It Simple S....

• Like 1

"Threshing Crew" Breakfast, for sure.  Start early, make sure you have LOTS of publicity, signage out front weeks before. coordinate scheduling with other community events.  Too many breakfasts, too close together, means no one earns what they could.   Maybe catch breakfast on the way to the church bazaar? The Fire House Open House? etc...  

• 2 weeks later...

My unit does the breakfast but no so fancy, scrambled eggs $5 a ticket. We get lots of rotary sales (we go to their mtgs.) they usually buy the tickets and don’t show up, even though the event has semi-poor attadence we still profit.

the money goes into the scouts accounts, where they can pay for camp outs. 80 % for seller, 20% to those who work the event