DoxManDude

As an adult, what about my ideas?

4 hours ago, MikeS72 said:

From the Guide to Advancement:

8.0.0.3 Composition of the Board of Review

A board of review must consist of no fewer than three members and no more than six, all of whom must be at least 21 years of age. For further specifications, see “Particulars for Tenderfoot Through Life Ranks,” 8.0.2.0, and “Particulars for the Eagle Scout Rank,” 8.0.3.0. Unit leaders and assistants shall not serve on a board of review for a Scout in their own unit. Parents, guardians, or relatives shall not serve on a board for their child. The candidate or the candidate’s parent(s) or guardian(s), or relative(s) shall have no part in selecting any board of review members.

What were you trying to get across here?  I need some commentary please. 

15 hours ago, mds3d said:

What were you trying to get across here?  I need some commentary please. 

Interesting.  In our troop, the SM and ASMs are not "on" the committee. We'll sometimes attend the meetings, but we don't vote on things or participate in boards of review, like committee members do.

I can certainly understand why a small troop (or one without good parent involvement) might need to do things differently.  I wonder what's "normal"...

Forgot to quote this, which would have put it in the context that this excerpt is what should be "normal", that the SM or ASM's should never sit on a board of review.