Hello, 

I have completed IOLS training from a different council. I'm not sure how to add it to my my.scouting.org account. 

Also my account is not attached to the troop I belong to. Please help me to attach it to my troop. 

Thank you very much. 

I can't speak for your council, however my council filters that through the process it follows up the chain and it will be added as time goes on. Your council will control the speed of that initially.  

Either it will be there as fast as paper can travel, somewhere in between, or you're going to tie with a sloth carrying a turtle. 

I thought I responded earlier, internet demons must have eaten my reply.

Once you have filled out an adult application with your new troop (and it gets turned in to the new council) you will likely get a new BSA ID number.  While it makes little sense, those numbers are issued by the local council, not national.  Once you get that new ID (any member of your troop key 3 can access the troop roster via my.scouting) the registrar in your new council can merge the accounts.  This will allow all of your past training to show.

As for adding the IOLS from another council, that is not something that you can do yourself.  The first person to contact to take care of that would be the district training chair.  I would think it would be a simple as showing your training card, and they can input it (once you have your new ID number - you want to be sure it is credited correctly).  As an ADC I can input training for any scouter except myself.  

@Samuel If you log in at my.scouting.org, click on the Menu button, then go to Legacy Web Tools, Manage Member ID.  Add your new BSA ID # there, and make it the "primary".  If you also add the old BSA ID #, it should link the training.

The troop's Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep. can add your training if you show them your training card / certificate.  They can use the Training Manager to add training for other adults in the unit.

Edited by Thunderbird