Unapologetically Exploiting GSUSA's Achilles' Heels

1 hour ago, 5thGenTexan said:

I had to tell my daughter who is a Junior and also a Webelos that she wont have a Scouts BSA troop next year.  Very disappointed.

Are you saying that there are not any Girl Troops in your area?  If not, I would contact your District Commissioner and have them get together with other Packs in the area with girls that want to cross over.  I am sure there are many businesses, churches, Moose Lodges, that would love to charter a Girl Troop.  Then I would contact local sports stores like REI and tell them your story.  Might get gently used equipment for donations.  That is absurd that no one will step up.

2 hours ago, Ranman328 said:

Are you saying that there are not any Girl Troops in your area?  If not, I would contact your District Commissioner and have them get together with other Packs in the area with girls that want to cross over.  I am sure there are many businesses, churches, Moose Lodges, that would love to charter a Girl Troop.  Then I would contact local sports stores like REI and tell them your story.  Might get gently used equipment for donations.  That is absurd that no one will step up.

There are girl troops, but they are 30 -45 minutes away.  Its just not going to work with getting to bed on time for school the next day.  The COR for our Pack and Troop here in town (4000 population) is on board with girls, so there is no issue there.  I need a SM and ASM.  I think our Pack CM is willing to be the Troop CC, but also need a Treasurer.  Then I need the 4 girls.  I am not concerned about equipment,  I am worried about getting the leadership and the girls.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, 5thGenTexan said:

There are girl troops, but they are 30 -45 minutes away.  Its just not going to work with getting to bed on time for school the next day.  The COR for our Pack and Troop here in town (4000 population) is on board with girls, so there is no issue there.  I need a SM and ASM.  I think our Pack CM is willing to be the Troop CC, but also need a Treasurer.  Then I need the 4 girls.  I am not concerned about equipment,  I am worried about getting the leadership and the girls.

You never know what you can do until you try. Have you talked to the D. E. about it? Maybe they have some other folks wishing for a girls' troop in your area too.

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2019 at 1:09 PM, AltadenaCraig said:

Tonight my small linked-troop of five registered scouts will be visited-upon by a GSUSA troop of TEN junior girl-scouts.  

How many joined your Scouts BSA troop? Or at least have visited a meeting since school started this fall?