Out of curiosity, in the UK we're told that St George is the patron saint of Scouting. This is handy for a good number of us in England, as he doubles up as the National saint too. Quite often there's church parades, or fun days, we have a weekend family camp at our local site, there's also a parade for Queen's Scout Award (Eagle equiv. basically) holders at Windsor Castle. Basically, lots of things are going on around St. George's day. 

My question is...does anything like that happen in the US? I can't remember seeing anything, so here I am wondering if it's something that didn't end up in Scouting "lore" on your side of the pond.

Edited by ianwilkins

By George, that's an interesting question!

I imagine that there are many international scouting organizations with their own unique traditions. This is the first I've heard about St. George and UK scouting.

In the US, there are no celebrations or parades for St. George that I am aware of, and the only BSA acknowledgment of St.George that I can find is a religious emblem awarded to clergy and laity who promote spiritual development for catholic youth.  

See:
https://www.scouting.org/resources/relationships/st-george-emblem/