state flag patches

1. @rickmay you ask a lot of questions about regulations for a guy with an LP logo avatar :)

B. If Sydney Ireland can wear an ERANOW button and unearned rank patch on her uniform at the State of the Union address without repercussion, the rules are meaningless.

4. Fly your freak flag proudly!  You'll bang into some uniform police, tell them to go away.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, walk in the woods said:

1. @rickmay you ask a lot of questions about regulations for a guy with an LP logo avatar :)

B. If Sydney Ireland can wear an ERANOW button and unearned rank patch on her uniform at the State of the Union address without repercussion, the rules are meaningless.

4. Fly your freak flag proudly!  You'll bang into some uniform police, tell them to go away.

Got a scout wearing a patch from one of the military branches on his uniform, apparently granddad was in the service, WW2, and he is very proud of that, his granddad, and his service.  Wears it under the US flag...

We took the same path, Scout is very active and loves Scouting, whatever (within reason) brings them to the table regularly

On 4/28/2019 at 6:24 AM, rickmay said:

I see some scouts wearing state flag patches under the American flag--texas is a good example>>>is this authorized?

It should only be allowed for Texas since all other states are irrelevant.  😉 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Jameson76 said:

Got a scout wearing a patch from one of the military branches on his uniform, apparently granddad was in the service, WW2, and he is very proud of that, his granddad, and his service.  Wears it under the US flag...

We took the same path, Scout is very active and loves Scouting, whatever (within reason) brings them to the table regularly

With youth, I only bring this up if they ask. Their handbook sufficiently guides them in most things about insignia. Most questions come up they become involved with different units and wind up doing things beyond the local level.

My scouts are currently a little anxious about this because the SPL wants to do uniform inspection soon. I try to make it clear that it's up to the judges to be fair, so any non-regular patch placement might cost them a point. But, before ripping patches, they need to look at their opposing patrols and bet on their ability to sharpen up their uniform by other means (e.g., making sure their scouts all have regulation pants, belt, etc ... and their patrol patch). If your patrol hasn't raided the closet to get those mutliple-point items on every scout, that should be your priority.

4 hours ago, mrkstvns said:

I really wish Alaska had been split into three states of equal size so that Texas could be the biggest one.

19 hours ago, mrkstvns said:

Edited by RememberSchiff
Removed image per Moderator Policy
12 hours ago, The Latin Scot said:

Thank goodness for Alaska! :laugh:

Huh?

How can there be "goodness" in a place that doesn't have barbecue, Tex-Mex, the Houston Astros, Willy Nelson, Chuck Norris, and scouters like ME?