Tan Velcro for patches?

Any current sources? 

I just wasted about $12 on Amazon without realizing "Coyote Tan" is NOT tan. What came wasn't anywhere near the color that it looked like on my  monitor. It's closer to the color of a merit badge sash than a tan uniform.

Goose's Cache sells pre-cut ones on Etsy but charges a huge premium for them being cut out. I own scissors; I don't need someone else to cut it out for me. Any other color and I could get sheets nice and cheap. But light tan? Nope. Can't seem to find it at a reasonable price anywhere. I found some at Blue Dot Trading but shipping costs more than the velcro strips and I don't want to keep spending $12-$16 a shot to get more velcro I can't use because there's no way to color match it before actually buying it. :( 

I am hoping maybe someone here knows of a brand/color that actually works (so I don't have to keep trying hit-and-miss) for uniforms and doesn't cost a bunch. For the cost I might as well just buy more uniform shirts... 

I only really need velcro for a position patch and numeral patch, I think. 

Odd, I have ordered this multiple times and it is nearly identical in color to the uniform. Perhaps your order was simply wrong?

(edit)

Scratch that, this is the one I ordered that was the same color as the uniform (I think!).

https://www.amazon.com/Gourd-Wide-Sew-Hook-Loop/dp/B01N5WFT0X/ref=pd_bap_rp_40_pd_ys_c_rfy_rp_crs_1_atc_o_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=8Y13BEJ3PZ0HEB36789W

Edited by Hawkwin

What they sent you is not coyote tan. I have purchased it before and it’s not what you described.

Joanne’s Fabrics carries it. They are a National big box store for sewing and crafts. Most decent size cities have one.

They have long strips, like tape. Don’t get that. You want the pack with a couple of broader strips in it, each is enough for a couple of position patches with a little extra. It’s been hidden by all the tape strips every time I went, so you will probably have to look a little harder.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Hawkwin said:

Odd, I have ordered this multiple times and it is nearly identical in color to the uniform. Perhaps your order was simply wrong?

(edit)

Scratch that, this is the one I ordered that was the same color as the uniform (I think!).

https://www.amazon.com/Gourd-Wide-Sew-Hook-Loop/dp/B01N5WFT0X/ref=pd_bap_rp_40_pd_ys_c_rfy_rp_crs_1_atc_o_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=8Y13BEJ3PZ0HEB36789W

That's green, about the same color as what I got. It might be OK on a Venturing Uniform, but not so much on a Scouts BSA uniform.

15 hours ago, Liz said:

That's green, about the same color as what I got. It might be OK on a Venturing Uniform, but not so much on a Scouts BSA uniform.

Yeah, it definitely looks too intensely green for a Scouts BSA uniform.  Interesting that the one useful review of the product comments on the color (which looks more of a forest green to my eye...)

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, Liz said:

Weird! The link from my order history is a completely different color (and is clearly tan on my son's uniform). I didn't notice such because I simply copied the link without revisiting the page. The seller must have changed it instead of making a new listing.

I found a decent price with reasonable shipping costs for the Velcro brand patch kit here:

https://www.industrialwebbing.com/velcro-brand-patch-kit/

For now, that's on its way. I would like to find a bulk supplier for a lower per-patch price eventually, but this will serve my immediate need for not too much money. I may try the Blue Dot Trading hook and loop later when I feel like gambling to see what I get.