Scouts BSA implementation for girl troops

42 minutes ago, qwazse said:

A "troop supply room" is definitely a painful way to handle gear. Take this as me not trying to tell you how to do your job, but how make your job work for both you and the troop's QM(s) ...

Is there any better way?   Alternatives  I have seen are:  storing everying in a trailer parked at a different location than your meeting place,  and storing everything in someone's garage.   Both seem worse.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Friends, including Moderators:  I agree with those who think we should mainstream discussion of Scouts BSA all-girl troops.  Pigeon-holing us into a politics chapter continues a negative cas

As per December 4, 2018  Moderator Policy in Forum Support & Announcements  An Original Poster (OP) can  state in that first post "Only on-topic responses, please." Off-topic responses will t

In our linked troop structure, the boy troop provides two Troop Guides (an Eagle and Life, both of which have been TGs before) to assist the girl troop for the next few months or until they send them

1 hour ago, Treflienne said:

I agree about patrols having their own gear and being responsible for it.   But why not put a wolf on it?  or a cobra?

Its better to use symbols or in our troops case colors to represent Patrols so that they can change the name of the patrol  if they wish and the gear IDs will still work..

1 hour ago, Treflienne said:

Is there any better way?   Alternatives  I have seen are:  storing everying in a trailer parked at a different location than your meeting place,  and storing everything in someone's garage.   Both seem worse.

Why not organize the supply area by patrol? ID all equipment by patrol so everything has an owner and a place? If you have a Scout QM use 1 from each troop to focus on G or B patrols. Shared gear like HA tents, pioneering supplies can be split amounst the QMS.