Vintage Uniform Question

I appreciate all of the input so far, but I’m wanting to know about the 1960s collarless summer uniform for adults, I have a period council strip, I’m wondering about the way knots were done, like the Eagle or did they do an AoL knot? Also I have a religious award as a youth and I am a James E West recepient, would those be things found on an adult uniform back then? It’s not my actually uniform but this is a picture of the type that I have.

9470537D-C073-4CD6-BFD2-5535E7387351.jpeg

• Like 1

"I’m wondering about the way knots were done, like the Eagle or did they do an AoL knot? "  might you explain this question.  The AOL knot goes in the same area as other knots so far as I know.

The James E West Award, inclusive of its knot, was created in 1993.

The knot for the youth religious award was introduced in 1971 and the knot for the adult emblems in 1973.

Edited by TAHAWK
7 hours ago, HashTagScouts said:

The aoL knot didn't come around until the late 70's.  Not so sure about the Eagle Scout knot.

Not sure when it first appeared, but I recall wearing one after having my Eagle COH on my 18th birthday.

I was a Den Chief in the 60s...the cord was worn over the right shoulder, attached to the MB sash when worn.  As an Explorer in 1970, I wore the Eagle knot and religious award knot.  The Eagle knot purchased from the Scout shop had the dark green background (not a private issue).  I also recall the adult muckity-mucks of that era wearing knots such as Scouter's Key, Training Award, and Silver Beaver, among the few that were available.

• Thanks 1