Webelos - Participation as Den After the Cross

When the Webelos cross over to Boys scouts troop from Cubs Scout Pack,

1. Still the crossed over, Webelos Den participate in  Pack Activities.   

2. If the pack conducts pack paid fun activities, is that could be leveraged to crossed over Webelos since they are already part of the troop ?

Response is highly appreciated. 

We invite our Webelos that have crossed over to a troup back to 2 or 3 events after they cross over. Crossover for us in March (the 23rd in fact). We invite them back for a Bike Rodeo we do, a YMCA Swim/Dodge Ball Event, and Rocketfest. They only pay for a rocket if they want a new one since the other 2 things no one pays for. Typically they come to the YMCA but not the other two because the are busy with Troop events now and troop meetings etc.

I think this is what you are asking.

1.  Yes, but it's up to the Cubmaster / Pack Committee.  Answer might depend on whether or not the now crossed over Scouts have parents or siblings who are still members of the pack.  Regardless, they should still be covered by BSA insurance, so that should not be an issue.

2.  I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.  Do the pack and the troop share the same Chartered Organization?  Do you charge other non-members of the pack (siblings who are not Cub Scouts, parents who are not leaders, etc.)?  Did the Scouts help raise money for the pack prior to crossing over?

Hi @PackALder,

I agree with Thunderbird - the crossed over Scouts can participate, but participation is the call of the pack leadership.  You could decide yes, you could decide no.  Either answer is fine.

I would add though that I would discourage you from spending a lot of effort to invite the newly crossed over Scouts to come back to pack events.  Those Scouts have crossed over and it's good for them to focus on getting settled into the troop.  We had a year where the pack had a few events that conflicted with events specifically for the New Scouts.  Because Scouts were getting invities to attend the pack activities, many skipped the new troop activities in favor of going back to events where they had lot of friends and were the older folks. In the end it was fine, but it slowed several Scouts as there were getting going.

Edited by ParkMan
grammer

I am with @ParkMan . I am against it, because I have seen Scouts participate in Cub siblings' events AS IF THEY ARE STILL CUB SCOUTS (emphasis) and those Scouts had major issues acting as Scouts at their own events. They still depended on adults and not try and take care of themselves. It slows down their development.